So.......

Like it, love it, or hate it. This is mine, not yours. This is me, not you. And this is real!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Ode to Lover's Past....

So...

I wish I knew exactly what the words were to express how I feel and felt about you...
I wish I knew that you would hear me, or feel me, or simply care
I wish sometimes that we would have met at a different time, but it happened when it happened for a reason
Despite what so many others had to say, I loved us, "together". Yur smile, you cold hands, cute toes.
I miss all those things, less and less each day, but still in all I wasn't ready to let go of them
I will never forget you, for good reasons as well as bad. I will forever wonder what if, and I will always love you

But...

Nothing's changed on your end and on mine a lot has.
That awful day at my apt, I wish I could take back, but I can't.
I wish it was you that came when I asked for comfort, but it wasn't
I wish it wasn't you that I turned away, and I paid the price, dearly, for that poor choice in decision

So...

I, as well as you, need to move on.
Can't keep dwelling on what could've been and we def can't change the past
As much as I know you, I wish I had the chance to know more
But the time has come, for both of us, to become someone else's responsibility
Not sure what you believe or don't believe about what you know or think you know about me, but I would've spent forever and a day loving you and proving that I love you, If you woulda given me the chance
But you didn't
And here we are
so far from where we were...

2 comments:

  1. oooo deep! i know the feeling for sure. don't know if you're into astrology but Mercury was in retrograde for the past few weeks and that's when old lovers show up! It happened to me all last month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Def into Astrology and it took me a few days to find what I wanted to say...but there it is!!

    ReplyDelete